Sunday, March 28, 2010

Relate Theater to your LIFE!

As I come to the end of this course, I really have developed a new and greater appreciation of theater and how it relates to my life. If you really think about it you can basically relate theater to every aspect of your life with a little imagination and understanding of theater. When it comes to my passions, as a fashion merchandising major I have always had a passion for the arts and beauty in life. Creativity and imagination have been important to me and the career path I want to take. Theater perfectly exemplifies these aspects as well. I really have taken a second thought about how I can relate my major to theater in the sense of developing costumes and being the stylist in shows. One of my professors actually started her career there and has always told us about that but I personally never completely understood the level it really related to until now with the completion of this class.
When it comes to family theater relates in the sense that we all play a role in our everyday life. For me I play the role of a daughter and older sister. As we have been raised in the American culture, we learn what exactly that entails and what is considered appropriate behavior and role. As a daughter it is important that I know my role and show respect and appreciation for everything my parents have provided me with. When it comes to being the older sister I know I have a large impact and set an example so it is important that I show them how to become an abiding citizen in the world.
I can continue to relate theater to my friends and roles I play there as a member of the sorority and just in our everyday life. I am considered one of the more responsible of my friends since I am oldest. In a way I somewhat play the mother. Since I am always someone to come talk to and get support if needed. Theater is very relevant to “gaming” in the sense that it teaches us that in a way life is somewhat of a game. Almost like a large monopoly board. Many people are concerned about making money and being successful and getting far in life. But sometimes it is important to take a step back and look and appreciate the beauty of life. This is something theater tries to teach and show us through its performances. It takes different aspects of life and the world and brings out its beauty with costumes, music and creativity. Movies are very big today and really have a lot to owe to theater since they are in a way the more modern day and technical version of theater and shows. Even today movies are brought back to the theater. When this happens often times they are also portrayed and interpreted slightly different then they were previously on screen. This is because theater has a way of really taking something really anything and making the audience view and understand it in a different way depending on how they focus on it.
Many people search all their life to find what their part is in life. In a sense you could say they are searching for their role. Theater is basically the acting out of life and different situations. But it is not the situation itself but in reality the way you interpret it. This is something one should carry into life as well. We are always told to stay positive in life and view the glass as half full. This is actually telling you have you should be interpreting life just as we do with theater. This course has taught me a lot about realizing my passion of creativity and beauty that I aspire to create and obtain in life through my fashion career. I have learned I need to understand my role currently and the steps I need to take and accomplish to better improve my role and achieve the success and desire of the future. Since I do picture myself in a sense of possessing a higher my desired role later in life I realize I need to put work into it. I aspire to become as a buyer and/or leader in the fashion world. This is something I know I need to work on and earn just as you would earn a higher part in a show with practice and dedication to the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment